Thursday, December 21, 2006

There isn't not yet a clear number of participants. Several tables are maybes and I have no idea how many of them will end up playing. Right now, I believe we on track for right about 13 tables. First place will get 10k buy-in plus 1k in travel. Once we get to 14, we will have enough for second place to win a $1,000 buy in plus $500 travel money. As number of winners increase we will award prizes to third and so on. Before play I will go over the prize breakdown. The other money goes toward costs, renting out the room for two days, plaques, beer, cards, poker chips etc and buying the buy-ins in Las Vegas.

The last chance table will place one player for every $1100 buy-in raised. I project three tables to play the night before including the New Orleans tables, and have counted them in our current total of 13.

The second chance tables will play concurrently to the final table when there is space. It is for the people who lost at the last chance table or got knocked out of the final table. It awards a 1k seat to the same event second place will get, plus travel money. Last year 8 played at $200 a head, for 1 1k seat and $600 travel. It will be similar to that format and run as a sit and go. We will not be running cash games. Harrahs is a couple of blocks away for that. All of the winners have to play in the WSOP. If they can't their spot goes to second place. I'll be buying the entrys in person this year in Las Vegas, but will send out checks for the travel money in advance of the tournament.

As for the tournament structure. Both the last chance table and final table will follow the structure for secondary WSOP circuit events. The WSOP site has a breakdown on there, look under any of the $500 buy-ins. I may increase the number of chips everybody gets depending on the final total and its likely the blind rounds will be a little bit quicker (20 minutes vs. 30 or 40 minutes). The last chance tables should last 2 to 3 hours, and the final table has lasted as long as 5 to 6 and as short as 3.5.

The final table will play on two tables and merge once we get to 10. If necessary I will balance the tables.

Guys keep the questions coming.

No comments: